Welcome to our comprehensive guide on NEET UG 2024, the national-level entrance examination that paves the way for your dream of pursuing a medical career. In this article, we will delve into all the crucial aspects of NEET UG 2024, covering eligibility criteria, important dates, examination pattern, syllabus, examination centers, available seats, and the counseling procedure. This examination, conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), opens doors to renowned medical institutes across India, including AIIMS and JIPMER. Get ready to explore the world of NEET UG 2024, where your aspirations meet boundless opportunities. Let’s dive in!
NEET UG 2024 Eligibility Criteria:
Before you set foot on your path to NEET UG 2024, it’s crucial to understand the eligibility requirements. Here are the key criteria you need to meet:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian Nationals or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India). J&K migrants can apply under the 15% All India Quota based on self-declaration.
- Identification: Aadhar card is necessary for all candidates, except for those from Assam, J&K, and Meghalaya. Candidates from these states can provide their passport number, ration card number, bank account number, or other valid Government ID number.
- Age Limit: The minimum age limit is seventeen years as of December 31st of the admission year. There is no upper age limit to apply for NEET.
- Number of Attempts: There is no limit on the number of attempts to apply for NEET.
- Qualification: Candidates should have passed/appeared in the 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, or any other elective subject with English.
- Mandatory Subjects: In their 12th grade, students must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology with English as a mandatory subject.
- Percentage: Candidates in the 12th grade must have secured a minimum of 50% marks for General category, 45% marks for PH, and 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates in the PCB group.
TENTATIVE IMPORTANT DATES
Here is the tentative schedule for NEET UG 2024. Please note that these dates are subject to change, and we will update them with official dates once they are released
Beginning date of the online application form
1st week of March 2024
Ending date of the online application form
6th April 2024
Ending date for payment of the application fee
6th April 2024
Correction of the online application form
24th – 27th May 2024
Release of the admit card
12th July 2024
NEET UG 2024 entrance exam date
7th May 2024
Announcement of the NEET UG 2024 results
7th September 2024
Release of the merit list
To be Announced
NEET UG 2024 Exam Pattern:
To excel in the NEET UG 2024 examination, it is crucial to understand the exam pattern. The exam pattern provides valuable insights into the structure, duration, marking scheme, and subject distribution of the test. Familiarizing yourself with the exam pattern allows you to plan your preparation effectively and maximize your chances of success. Let’s take a look at the exam pattern for NEET UG 2024:
- NEET UG 2024 is conducted for MBBS/BDS courses.
- Number of Questions: The question paper consists of a total of 180 multiple-choice questions, with one correct answer.
- Language: The question paper is available in ten languages.
- Mode of Exam: NEET UG 2024 is conducted in offline mode, following the pen and paper-based format.
- Duration: The total exam duration is 200 minutes, which is 3 hours and 20 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct response is awarded 4 marks, contributing to the total score.
- Negative Marking: For every incorrect answer, 1 mark is deducted as negative marking.
Here is the section-wise distribution of questions and marks in the NEET UG 2024 examination:
– Chemistry: 45 questions, 180 marks
– Zoology: 45 questions, 180 marks
– Physics: 45 questions, 180 marks
– Botany: 45 questions, 180 marks
Total: 180 questions, 720 marks
Understanding the exam pattern empowers you to plan your time, focus on specific subjects, and optimize your performance on the NEET UG 2024 examination. Remember, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail” – so utilize this knowledge to embark on a well-structured and effective study plan. Good luck with your preparation!
In the pursuit of success in the NEET UG 2024 examination, it is of utmost importance to acquaint yourself with the comprehensive syllabus. The syllabus acts as a guiding compass, encompassing the vast realm of topics from the domains of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Let us embark on an insightful journey through the NEET UG 2024 syllabus, unraveling the intricacies of each subject:
– Genetics and Evolution
– Biology and Human Welfare
– Biotechnology and Its Applications
– Ecology and Environment
– Electromagnetic Waves
– Atoms and Nuclei
– Current Electricity
– Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
– Electronic Devices
– Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
– Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
– Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
– Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
– Chemical Kinetics
– Chemistry in Everyday Life
– Coordination Compounds
– d and f Block Elements
– Nines Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
– Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids
– Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
– p-Block Elements
– Solid State
Familiarizing yourself with the NEET UG 2024 syllabus provides the groundwork for comprehensive preparation. Embrace the syllabus as your ally and embark on a purposeful learning journey, ensuring that you cover each topic diligently. Remember, “Knowledge is power” – empower yourself with a deep understanding of the syllabus and let it guide you towards success in the NEET UG 2024 examination.
NEET UG 2024 Examination Centres:
The NEET 2024 examination will be conducted in various cities and towns across India and abroad. The official list of examination centres will be provided in the NEET-UG information bulletin. Aspiring NEET candidates in the Middle East have good news as well. The National Testing Agency (NTA) has added examination centres in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Riyadh, Doha, Kuwait City, Muscat, and Manama for NEET-UG outside of India.
When filling out the application form, make sure to choose your preferred examination centre wisely. Select a centre that is convenient for you and allows you to perform at your best. Remember, “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step” – choose your starting point wisely and commence your NEET UG 2024 examination with confidence.
Number of Seats:
The availability of seats in various medical and dental colleges is a crucial factor for NEET aspirants. According to the latest data from the National Medical Commission (NMC) and the Dental Council of India (DCI), the number of seats for NEET UG 2024 is as follows:
MBBS Seats: There are a total of 99,763 seats available for MBBS courses across different medical colleges.
BDS Seats: For dental courses, there are 26,949 seats available for BDS programs.
AYUSH Seats: AYUSH courses, which include Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy, have 52,720 seats.
BVSc & AH Seats: The Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (BVSc & AH) program offers 603 seats.
In addition to these, there are 1,899 seats in AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) and 249 seats in JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research) across 612 medical and 315 dental colleges.
Understanding the availability of seats in different colleges is essential for candidates to make informed decisions about their choices and preferences. Keep in mind that these numbers are subject to change, so it is advisable to refer to official sources for the most up-to-date information on seat availability.
The counselling procedure is a crucial step for NEET UG 2024 qualified candidates to secure admissions in medical colleges. Here’s an overview of the NEET 2024 counseling process:
Conducted by: The counselling process is conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for 15% of All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government colleges, as well as for deemed/central universities, ESIC/AFMS, AIIMS, and JIPMER. State counseling authorities handle the counseling for the remaining 85% of state quota seats.
Counselling Rounds: The NEET AIQ counseling for 2024 consists of four rounds: Round 1, Round 2, mop-up round, and stray vacancies round. During these rounds, seats are allocated based on the choices filled by the applicants, their NEET 2024 rank, seat availability, and reservations.
Registration and Choice Filling: Candidates need to register for counseling, choose their preferred courses and colleges, and pay the registration fee as part of the NEET UG 2024 counselling process.
Eligibility for Counselling: Applicants who qualify under the NEET 2024 All India Quota are eligible to participate in the counseling process. It is important to note that the vacant seats after the second round of NEET 2024 counseling for AIQ will be returned to the respective states.
All India Quota (AIQ): The AIQ for NEET 2024 counseling includes 15% MBBS/BDS seats of states, 100% MBBS/BDS seats of BHU, 100% MBBS seats of AIIMS across India, All India Quota of JIPMER (Puducherry/Karaikal), All India Quota seats of AMU/DU/VMMC/ABVIMS, All India Quota Seats of Faculty of Dentistry (Jamia Millia Islamia), and All India Quota Seats of ESIC.
It is essential for candidates to stay updated with the official notifications and guidelines regarding the counseling process to ensure they complete all the necessary steps and secure their desired seats in medical colleges.
Strategies to Prepare for NEET UG 2024:
Cracking NEET UG 2024 requires a combination of hard work, dedication, and effective strategies. To stand out from the crowd and achieve success, consider the following essential preparation tips for NEET UG 2024:
- Make Handwritten Notes: Create handwritten notes to gain conceptual clarity and improve retention. Summarize key points and important formulas in your own words to enhance understanding.
- Prioritize Topics: Divide chapters in all subjects into easy, medium, and difficult levels based on weightage. Begin by focusing on topics with higher weightage and those you find challenging. This approach ensures efficient time management and targeted preparation.
- Refer to NCERT Books: Thoroughly go through the NCERT textbooks line by line, making notes and highlighting important facts. Once you’ve covered the basics from NCERT, explore additional study materials for in-depth understanding of the same topics.
- Emphasize Diagrams, Numerical, and Reactions: Pay special attention to Biology diagrams, Physics numerical problems, and Chemistry reactions. Practice drawing and understanding diagrams, solve numerical problems, and work on memorizing key reactions for quick recall during the exam.
- Solve Previous Year Papers and Mock Tests: Practice solving previous years’ question papers and sample papers to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern, question types, and time management. Take as many mock tests as possible to simulate the exam environment and improve your speed and accuracy.
- Analyze and Learn from Mistakes: After attempting mock tests and practice papers, review your performance and identify areas where you made mistakes. Focus on improving your weak areas and ensure that you don’t repeat the same errors. Regularly track your progress and make necessary adjustments to your study plan.
- Seek Expert Guidance: If you face difficulties in understanding certain topics or concepts, don’t hesitate to seek help from teachers, mentors, or subject experts. Joining coaching classes or online platforms that provide NEET UG preparation guidance can also be beneficial.
Remember, consistency, discipline, and regular revision are key to success in NEET UG 2024. Stay motivated, maintain a positive mindset, and put in your best efforts to achieve your desired score in the examination.
In conclusion, the journey towards NEET UG 2024 may seem challenging, but with dedication and strategic planning, you can overcome any obstacle that comes your way. By understanding the eligibility criteria, important dates, examination pattern, syllabus, examination centers, number of seats, counseling procedure, and effective preparation strategies, you are well-equipped to excel in the examination. Remember, success is not achieved overnight, but through consistent efforts and perseverance. Believe in yourself, work hard, and let your passion for medicine guide you towards realizing your dream. 🌟📚💪 The future belongs to those who dare to dream big, so embrace the opportunities that NEET UG 2024
presents and step closer to a fulfilling medical career. Best of luck! 🍀